Faculty of Transport and Traffic Sciences, established in 1984 as the Faculty of the University of Zagreb is the leading high education, as well as scientific and research institution in the field of transport and traffic engineering in Croatia.
Faculty offers undergraduate and graduate studies in Traffic and Transport, Intelligent Transport Systems and Logistics and Aeronautics.
It also offers postgraduate studies, three-year Doctoral Studies in the field of Transport and Traffic Engineering and one-year Specialist Studies in Urban Transport, Inter-modal Transport and Transport Logistics and Management.
Employees of the Faculty actively participate in scientific and expert projects and also in public and commercial projects solving transport and traffic problems of transportation sectors on national and international level.
The Faculty, as part of its professional and scientific research projects, provides services for cities and industry in the field of Urban Mobility and has developed first Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans for Croatian cities and cities in neighboring countries: cities Slavonski Brod, Novigrad-Cittanova, Umag-Umago, Dubrovnik, Koprivnica, Sisak, Bjelovar, Novalja, Municipality of Kotor and Maksimir District in Zagreb. Apart from developed SUMPs, the Faculty has provided numerous other expertise in the field of urban mobility, such as:
- Traffic Study for the establishment of the Congestion Charge Zone in the City of Dubrovnik;
- Sustainable Safety of non-motorized urban traffic (Swiss-Croatian Programme);
- Sustainable Urban Mobility Boost Smart Toolbox (EIT Urban Mobility RIS Programme);
- Study to Provide Multimodal Traffic Information;
- Safer Bicycle Routes in Danube Area – SABRINA (Interreg Danube Transnational Programme).