ELP Transport is a Strategic Partnership aimed at developing innovative outputs in the field of Vocational Training for Local Public Transport System (LPTS), developed transnationally and on the basis of a coordinated action among research, LTPSs businesses, VET providers and local communities.
The urban mobility sector is affected globally by transformation dynamics.
Local Public Transport plays a strategic role.
Development, innovation, intramodality and interconnections for passengers and goods also and especially at the urban - and therefore local level - are among the majors challenges for European transport to make services more efficient and sustainable. The partnership was created to develop innovative training solutions able to respond to a increasing complex environment of the Public Transport System, who is called upon growing challenges in terms of both 1.environmental and 2. economic sustainability, 3.competencies spanning from technic to economic and a 4.user-centric approach.
The partnership is based on a strong multilateral approach focusing on the integration of:
- the Local Public Transport Service Providers (business) and local authorities (local communities), research and training provider communities;
- technic, technological and economic professional expertises in the Locall Public Transport Sector, with a focus on technological and social innovation.
The partnership was therefore created to address the VET priority “Promoting work based learning in all its forms” to develop innovative training experiences that could take excellence in the research sector into the complex LPTS working environement thorugh a stable collaboration between research and LPT service providers and local authorities. The project is also in line with the new Erasmus+ HORIZONTAL priority of “Supporting individuals in acquiring and developing basic skills and key competences”.
The VET environment has been judged as the most adequate one to not disperse this workforce,
o accommodate the training of unemployed or First Time Job Seekers as well as retraining of part of the current workforce on different levels,
rom local to nationals actors, public or private.
Expected results of the project
- a Report on Skills and Competence Framework for LPT expert with best practices at national and EU level, which will offer a state of the art description of skills demand in LPT environments at country level (IT, ES, CRO, SLO) and guidelines for fullfillment;
- definition of a new vocational profile for LPT Expert, based on the scenarios examined in the skills report and guidelines for a corresponding training offer;
- definition of a training programme (blended eLearning + work-based) for ELP expert, with a strong work-based approach and innovative user-centric educational methodologies. 08/26/2020
- developing a monitoring tool for skills mismatch and emerging labour market needs in the Local Public Transport System in order to update skills gaps, vocational profile and training offer on a continuous base and develop furthr vocational profile as necessary
- establishing a business-research international network for the exchange of good practices, sharing of knowledge and information, generation of ideas in the field of LPTSs and in particular training needs and opportunities. In the long term, project activities including those for dissemination, exploitation and replication, can contribute to the following:
- transfer the results of the projects to other national contexts (similar at first and new after appropriated applied researches) at EU level and higher the quality of the training offer in the sector of LPTSs;
- reduce unemployment, especially among people with an higher education diploma and/or a degree in economic, technical and engineering subjects in partner territories;
- support innovation, cooperation, peer-learning and the sharing of experience;
- promote the work-integrated learning; d.Promote new skills required by the labour market;
- strength cooperation and networking between organisations and citizens, in particular research, businesses and VET training providers and the larger community of users of LPTSs.